The Majestic Theatre, located at the corner of 4th Avenue and Main Street has been a landmark in the town since it was first built and started operating in 1911. The original building was enlarged substantially in 1916 and was again enlarged and renovated to its present size and appearance in 1929.
It was closed in 1986 and sat unused until 1991 when a non-profit corporation, The Biggar and District Theatre Project, was formed to purchase and renovate the building. A two level addition at the rear of the theatre was built to provide space for meeting rooms and a kitchen was also added. The new theatre opened in 1995 and is used for a variety of community events such as movies, live theatre performances, Arts Council presentations, music and carol festivals, dance recitals and competitions and school programs.